Q: How is distance Reiki different from in-person Reiki?
A: The only difference between distance Reiki and a standard in-person session is that we are not in the same room. As your Reiki practitioner, I will tap into your energy, channel it through your body, and shift the energy the same way I would in-person.
Q: What are the benefits of Reiki?
A: Here are a few of the most commonly reported benefits of receiving Reiki on a regular basis:
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system by bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
- Can help with acute and chronic problems and aides the breaking of addictions
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- Supports the immune system
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve pain
- Aids with sleep
Q: Does distance Reiki work?
A: Absolutely! Distance Reiki is highly effective and works just as well as an in-person treatment. Distance Reiki is wonderful because you are able to be in your own, comfortable surroundings and obtain maximum relaxation. The more at ease and relaxed you are, the greater benefits you will receive from your Reiki treatment. Many clients report that they can feel it working in their bodies even though they may be on opposite ends of the world!
Q: Who can benefit from Reiki?
A: All people of all ages and in varying forms of health can receive significant benefits from Reiki.
Q: What should I do to prepare for my session?
A: The most important thing you can do for your session is to ensure you are in a distraction-free and comfortable space. Many clients like to find a cozy chair to sit in for their session and you can even lie down if that suits you—it’s all about your comfort! If you happen to fall asleep in your session, that’s OK, too.
It’s a good idea to make sure you’ve eaten something at least two to three hours prior to your treatment and are well-hydrated.
Q: How often should I receive Reiki?
A: The frequency with which you receive Reiki will vary depending on your goals and what you are looking to heal. For people who are undergoing chemotherapy, recovering from a serious illness, or in constant physical or emotional pain, a weekly session is recommended. If you are dealing with more moderate health issues that don’t necessarily impact your day-to-day activities, a bi-monthly cadence can be effective. Conversely, if you are looking for a little energy boost, feel a cold coming on, or have been having a particularly stressful week, once per month would work well for you.